AP Racing by Essex Road Front Brake Kit Tesla Model 3
Complete front AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Road Brake Kit for the Tesla Model 3:
- Huge 380x36mm, 72 vane AP Racing J Hook, fully-floating 2-piece discs dwarf the 350x25mm OEM units and fill up the wheels
- Allows for pad changes without having to remove the caliper (OEM caliper must be removed for pad change)
- Leverages six piston AP Racing CP9561 World Radi-CAL II calipers with a red, black, or silver painted finish
- Fit behind OEM 20" wheel without a wheel spacer
- Low noise, vibration, and harshness for a very OE-like experience during daily driving
- Utilizes large volume brake pads for heat absorption and longevity
- Calipers have dust boots that add durability in inclement weather conditions
- Pistons sized properly to maintain brake bias and work with the OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to mate with OEM rear brakes
- Includes Ferodo DS2500 brake pads
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- One pair AP Racing CP9561 World Radi-CAL II six piston calipers
- One pair 380x36mm AP Racing CP7177, 72 vane, J Hook discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats, and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- One set of Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads
- Detailed installation instructions
“Radi-CAL” is a blanket term used to describe AP Racing’s patented asymmetrical brake caliper design. Radi-Cal technology is grounded in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and allows for organic, alien-looking designs that are a radical departure from conventional caliper designs of the past. Radi-CAL's are widely considered the pinnacle of current brake caliper technology. Since their inception in 2007, these revolutionary calipers have amassed a lengthy string of race victories at all levels of professional motorsport, while redefining brake performance expectations. For more details on the design concept and what these calipers have achieved in professional racing, please visit our blog and read The AP Racing Radi-CAL Story.
The key benefits of the Radi-CAL design:
Massive Stiffness Increase- A 30+ % increase in both static and dynamic stiffness vs. conventional calipers allows for far less deflection under load, which means superior pedal feel & modulation, more even pad wear, and longer caliper service life.
Considerable Mass Reduction- Removing all extraneous caliper mass lowers the caliper weight, despite the huge stiffness increases.
Optimized Airflow- Air moves around and through the caliper more efficiently, providing superior heat evacuation and cooling.
Efficient Packaging- The asymmetric caliper profile allows the caliper to fit into tighter spaces.